I'M NOT SURE? Then you definitely want to check out Choose the Right Fundraisers where you will find information such as "How To Pick the Right Fundraiser Product," "How to Pick the Right Fundraising Company," "Why is Profit Percentage used as the main factor to assess school fundraising companies?" and more!
I AM LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR FUNDRAISER. Then you've come to the right place. We have assembled some of the best tips, tricks, and ideas from the best fundraising minds to help you. You will find those in the categories on the left. In addition, the categories on the right contain descriptions of fundraising companies and organizations who provide the fundraising programs you want.
1. Events take volunteers. Usually a lot of them! Carefully consider how much manpower it will take to pull off the event you are considering.
2. The chair for the event should not do all the work. If applicable, set up committees for each aspect of the event. (i.e. publicity, decorations, food, etc.)
3. Keep the costs of the event low! This is a major factor in any fundraising campaign. Your costs should be 25% or less of the gross receipts from the event. Try to get as much donated as possible! If your costs are zero, ALL the money goes toward the cause.
4. Don?t fall for the idea of ?Build it and they will come.? It may have worked in the movie Field of Dreams, but does not work in real life! People need a compelling reason to come to the event besides the opportunity to give to your charity.
5. Remember that advertising such as TV, billboards and signs are important, but do not guarantee people will come to the event. Only a very small percentage of the people who see the advertisement will actually come. Many times the best advertisement is word of mouth.
6. Choose events that will be fun or unique.
7. Events do not have to be large to be successful! Selling donuts at work, homebaked cookies, dinner parties, raffles?there are lots of great small events. Some can even be organized by just one or two people.
8. Get an RSVP or sell tickets so you will KNOW how many people are coming to the event.
9. Match the type of event with you, your charity and your audience. If you have a good match you will be more likely to have a very successful event!
10. Get advice from other fundraisers who have put on successful events.
Sandra Sims has been fundraising for various charities for over 10 years. She is the publisher of Step By Step Fundraising newsletter, which will help you get maximum results from your charity fundraising campaign. To get a free copy of the special report "The 5 Keys to Successful Fundraising" visit StepByStepFundraising.com
Top 10 Tips For Fundraising Success
Want to make more sales and have a more successful fundraiser? Check out these 10 tips!
Get Your Fundraiser Noticed
The popular saying "if you build it they will come" may be wishful thinking so don't assume that everyone will find out about your fundraiser. Make sure you get the word out ahead of time and make it as visible as possible. Here are four ideas to get you started.
How to Reach Your Fundraising Financial Goals
These simple tips will help you to maximize your profits.
6 Ways to Motivate Your Fundraising Group
Motivate your group members to maximize your profit.